Back in the day, requesting congratulatory letters for your new Eagle Scouts meant tracking down addresses, writing letters, stuffing envelopes, and affixing postage. These days, however, you can often request letters with a few clicks of your mouse.
Here are a few popular letters and certificates you can request online:
- NASA: http://www.nasa.gov/about/contact/boy_scout_page.html
- U.S. Army: http://www.usarec.army.mil/support/ycr/ycr.htm
- U.S. Air Force: https://scouts.airforce.com/
(The Navy still likes to receive requests by mail; details are at http://www.navy.mil/cno/contact.asp. The Marines, meanwhile, ask that you contact your local recruiting station; details are at http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/cmc/ContactUs.aspx.)
And here are a few you can download and print yourself:
- Order of the Arrow Chief and National Chairman: http://www.oa-bsa.org/pages/content/2014-congratulatory-eagle-letter
- National Park Service: http://www.nps.gov/gettinginvolved/youthprograms/eagle-scout-certificate.htm
- Fish and Wildlife Service: http://www.fws.gov/letsgooutside/PDF/BS-eagle.pdf
What great letters have you found online? Post links in the comments section below!